SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
As an Administrative Assistant you will support the Integrity, Compliance & Legal (ICL) as well as the Internal Audit (IA) team with administration and audit assistance in view of the legal obligations of the two units to draft and issue professional/legal documentation without gaps and to (electronically) file and store such documentation in a secure and state-of-the-art manner.
In addition, you will ensure the coordination between ICL / IA and the various stakeholders within SOS Children`s Villages International in a confidential, efficient and effective manner.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage required operational and administrative aspects for the Office of the ICL and IA, including but not limited to, maintaining the schedule of the International Directors, general correspondence, coordinating/managing the budget, organising meetings and managing virtual collaboration platforms
- Maintain, update and optimise ICL’s and IA’s electronic filing systems and collaboration platforms
- Organise travel arrangements for ICL and IA co-workers and handle travel expense claims
- Assist in audits in Member Associations and GSC (General Secretariat) capacity reviews, including in their preparation and follow-up tasks
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of strategic objectives within the assigned functional area(s) with relevant stakeholders and ensures follow up as required
- Maintain good communications and relationships with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Secondary education with an additional secretarial degree, preferably with a specialization in legal matters
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in a relevant setting
- Professional experience in an international NGO or similar functional context is an advantage
- Strong MS Office skills, incl. proof-reading and formatting skills
- Strong office organisation skills
- High level of communication skills and a service-oriented mind-set
- Fluent English language skills and a good command of German skills; Spanish and/or French is an advantage
- A valid Austrian working permit or eligibility to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 17 November 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.