SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
The ICT function represents an innovative business partner for the SOS federation in the digital age. It powers value creation as well as competitive advantage and adapts agile to emerging opportunities, while delivering core functionality flawless and effectively. The ICT Network as global team of ICT experts with diverse competencies and solid business understanding implements our ICT mission and serves as regional hubs to foster change and innovation.
The incumbent drives the definition and continuous improvement of a holistic Programme Management process incorporating Programme Planning, Institutional Partnership Development, Programme and Strategy Monitoring as well as Evaluation/Results Based Management and Corporate Partnerships. S/he works together with the project team on the application of the resulting business requirements on the chosen Programme Management software. S/he leads the global implementation of the process and supports the roll-out of the software to the Member Associations (MAs).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the ongoing relationship with our MAs to drive satisfaction with IT in the area of the management of our different types of programmes
- Gather, articulate and analyse business requirements in this domain and support the definition of software configuration specifications based on Enterprise Architecture principles
- Perform quality assurance of existing software specifications
- Support the design, documentation and maintenance of domain processes and develop digitisation/optimisation strategies
- Oversee domain IT project portfolio and coordinate domain IT activities
- Master degree or equivalent in Information Systems, IT, or Administration with focus on IT
- Minimum of five years of experience in Business Analysis or System Quality Assurance preferential in the programme domain, including relevant work experience in iNGOs or international organisations
- Very good analytical skills to draw business-relevant conclusions and in SQL/data visualisation techniques and tools
- Experience in translating business requirements into domain IT solutions
- Proven track record of project management and experience in leading roles of ownership of projects/processes
- Excellent command of English
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- Varied scope of tasks in a multicultural working environment and the possibility to support our meaningful mission
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 6 January 2019 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.