SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Finance & Controlling Advisor contributes to the mission of Finance & Controlling by ensuring that processes and guidelines are understood and applied successfully in her/his field of responsibility. For that purpose, guidance and trainings for International Office Regions and for National Associations (NA) may be provided by the Finance & Controlling Advisor. In addition, information and recommendations are prepared for management, legal bodies and Promoting and Supporting Associations (PSAs) for decision making. Moreover, efficiency of the Federation is constantly advanced by improving processes, guidelines and developing standards. Furthermore, the Finance & Controlling Advisor might contribute to the mission of Finance & Controlling with project and conceptual process support within the Finance & Controlling department but also federation-wide project participation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the federation planning process by calculating targets, base amounts and defining frames
- Coordinate and monitor the global SOS budgeting process
- Ensure the linking of financial needs of programmes and available international funds
- Coordinate the liquidity planning process and prepare monthly transfers
- Controlling and reporting
- Provide management and legal bodies with information for decision taking
- Develop and update financial policies and quality standards
- Manage projects and/or participate in projects
- Master Degree in Economic Sciences preferably in the area financial controlling or Bachelor Degree with additional experience in Finance & Controlling
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills with service-oriented mind-set
- Very good coordination, presentation and training skills
- Fluent in German and English; French and/or Spanish are an asset
- Strong MS Office skills (especially MS Excel)
- 3 – 5 years professional experience in the area of accounting and controlling
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- Candidates must hold a valid Austrian working permit or a have EU citizenship
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 20 October 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.