SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Finance & Controlling Advisor EUNA (FC Advisor Europe-North America) supports the Team Leader Finance & Controlling EUNA to achieve the targets of the team FC EUNA and of the Finance & Controlling Promoting and Supporting Associations (FC PSA) department in the International Office. With this, she/he ensures to contribute to the mission of Finance & Controlling (FC).
The Finance & Controlling Advisor ensures that the financial needs of National Associations (NAs) and international funds are linked in an efficient, cost-conscious and transparent manner, supports PSAs in managing their portfolio of financed programmes, coordinates the requests for PSA transfers based on PSA funding frames, NA budgets and NAs’ liquidity plans. In addition, this position prepares information and recommendations for management, legal bodies and PSAs for decision making.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure balanced plans and budgets on international level and prevent under-, over- and double financing
- Provide management and legal bodies with preparatory information for decision taking in the area of finance and controlling
- Develop and update financial policies and quality standards and drive, monitor and support implementation
- Ensure that the financial needs of NAs and international funds are linked in an efficient, cost-conscious and transparent manner
- Coordinate and monitor global SOS planning and budgeting processes with regards to PSAs
- Manage projects or participate in projects
- Master’s Degree in Economic Sciences, preferably in the area financial controlling or a Bachelor’s Degree with additional experience in the subject area
- At least 2 years of operational experience in the area of accounting and financial controlling; practical experience in SOS Finance processes would be desirable
- Good communication skills and service-oriented mind-set combined with strong coordination, presentation and training skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Very good command of German and English (oral and written)
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- Interesting and challenging tasks in an international working environment within a leading INGO
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 28 July 2019 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.