Finance & Controlling Coordinator
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Purpose of the position
The Finance & Controlling Coordinator contributes to the mission of Finance & Controlling by ensuring that processes and guidelines are understood and applied successfully in her/his field of responsibility. For that purpose, he/she receives internal guidance and trainings for the respective processes and tasks. In addition, this position prepares information and develops recommendations jointly with other FC Advisors for management, legal bodies and Promoting and Supporting Associations (PSAs) for decision making.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the federation planning process
- Support the coordination and monitoring of the global SOS budgeting process
- Support the linking of financial needs of national associations and international funds so that it is done in an efficient, cost-conscious and transparent manner
- Support the coordination of the liquidity planning process of the National Associations (NAs) and prepare monthly transfers via STS or directly from PSA to NA
- Support elaboration of reports and analysis for management and legal bodies with standard information based on routine Finance & Controlling processes.
- Master Degree in Economic Sciences, preferably in the area financial controlling or Bachelor Degree with additional experience in the subject area
- Relevant previous professional experience in a Finance and Controlling position (preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting and financial controlling
- Strong communication skills and service-oriented mindset
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent command of English and German language skills (oral and written). Fluency in French or Spanish is an asset
- A valid Austrian working permit or eligibility to work within the EU (preferred)
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please submit your detailed e-mail application in English by 27 June 2021 at the latest to https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/705859 .
Please note that applications will be reviewed and suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews only after the application deadline.
SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/