SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The mission is to develop SOS Children’s Villages Face to Face (F2F) regular donor recruitment programs together with Regional F2F experts and Member Associations (MAs) around the world to drive income growth.
F2F covers in this perspective: agencies, in-house, street, door to door, event and workplace based recruitment of regular donors (including sponsorships), via agencies and in-house activities. Focus is on high ROI markets and operations.
The Global Face to Face Fundraising Advisor provides expertise to MAs with the support of regional F2F expertise where available, or directly with the country teams. Focus will be on strategy development as well as practical implementation to maximize impact in each country and to grow the number of regular donors and sponsorship and global income.
The Advisor will be the focal point to link and connect best practices, expertise and experts across regions and countries, provides capacity building where needed on in-house and agency operations with a focus on acquisition as well as retention of the regular donors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with regional teams and MAs to develop and optimize F2F programs and income for the federation. This includes providing strategic input, technical support (including selecting local agency or the recruitment, management of in-house teams), coaching and support to the teams as well as liaising between the regional teams to identify best practices and expertise usable for other regions to optimize income sources
- Track the global development of F2F: benchmark internally and externally. Create and maintain relationships with key F2F agencies to ensure the best global, regional, multi country and local contracts. Establish contacts with external experts and incorporate external knowledge and practices if and where possible to optimize income
- Negotiate contracts and explore regional and/or global contracts with agencies
- Lead the F2F network and ensure continuous testing, learning and sharing of best practices and linking and connecting experts
- Develop and maintain KPIs to drive strategy and developing areas with greatest potential. Advise on global investment allocation to maximize ROI on investments and regular donor recruitment
- Create, optimize and share resources, like: monitoring reports, scripts, agency contracts, on-boarding programs, etc.
- Advanced university degree in marketing, analysis, statistic, economics or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in F2F fundraising, ideally with in-house and agency operations, with a successful proven track record
- Sound understanding of F2F and D2D fundraising, ideally with:
- Managing in-house operations
- Managing street teams
- Managing agencies and negotiating contracts
- Budgeting, planning and management of F2F programs
- Reporting on F2F performances and KPIs
- On-boarding programs of new recruited donors
- Preparing materials and scripts
- Thorough knowledge of F2F trends across multiple markets (and in-house, agencies and D2D) and a strong network on F2F agencies and experts
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills across cultures, with the ability to achieve networks, connections and successes within an international working environment, and to establish networks and connections
- Clear analytical skills to analyze and create KPIs and monitoring reports
- Capacity to travel
- Excellent command of English
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 04 August 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/