Intern for Communications & Brand – Newsroom (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
Intern for Communication & Brand – Newsroom (f/m)
(Limited Contract 7 months, part-time 32 hrs/week)
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support the Newsroom team with daily tasks.
The Newsroom is part of the Communications and Brand team and responsible for producing global brand assets for external use – stories, reports, photos, videos – which are made available to the SOS Children’s Villages national associations across the globe.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting the team in designing clear and engaging graphic communication for print and web. This will include infographics, social media graphics, direct mail messaging, and other marketing materials as needed
- Digital asset management – uploading content, organizing the database, reviewing produced content (photos, videos, documents)
- Assisting in the editing of high quality photos and video content
- Assisting in managing the request process
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing with a strong affinity for graphic design and/or desktop publishing (or in the process of finalising studies)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive working style and able to work independently
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Eager to learn
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiar/basic knowledge with standard Adobe Creative Suite tools such as Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Flash and After Effects
- Experience with social media
- Comfortable with writing in English
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 30 September 2019 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.