SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
In the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Team, we support the documentation of programme services and results in the development of individual children and families in our Family Strengthening and Family based child-care programmes as well as learning from these results through leading the Programme Database and the development and implementation of Results-Based Management.
M&E is one of the business owners of AmpImpact, a new programme management IT solution that aligns the programme management process of all programme types and areas with each other, and allows streamlined performance benchmarking as well as planning and steering of programmes across the federation.
The incumbent will lead the development, manage the implementation project team and the external vendor of AmpImpact. Furthermore, s/he will coordinate the roll-out of the system together with other GSC (General Secretariat) functions involved and provide ongoing product support. In addition, s/he will lead the programme integration work stream in the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) project to build strong links between both projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and keep project on track by defining key milestones and tasks
- Prepare and monitor project budget
- Manage the IT development according to Scrum standards
- Lead Scrum sprints, incl. testing and prioritization
- Track and identify risks, issues and decision points
- Inform project sponsor, steering committee and management; create basis for management decisions if needed
- Align with vendor on content, timing and collaboration
- Manage the vendor contract and keep it updated
- Be the first point of contact in vendor communication
- Identify prioritizations and escalations of the project
- Keep project stakeholders committed, ensure task distribution and general alignment
- Regularly announce and communicate key information on content and timing
Business analyst for programme management
- Define and prioritize initial requirements as well as potential change requests
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in NGO management, monitoring & evaluation or business administration
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in programme/project management in iNGOs or international organisations
- Proven track record of project management and experience in leading roles or ownership of projects
- Very good analytical skills to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Knowledge on common product team management approaches (i.e. SCRUM) and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Good understanding of Programme/Project Management systems would be advantageous
- Excellent command of English, German language skills would be an advantage
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 26 May 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/