SOS Children’s Villages International is a children’s support organization present in 136 countries in the world and committed to care for children’s wellbeing and rights.
The SOS Summer Camp Caldonazzo is the place where children and youth can have the unique opportunity to experience fun and adventure together with other children from different nations but with the same background.
In this context we are searching for a Communication Leader who will be heading the “communications team” located in the new office “info-point” in the camp at the lake. The aim is to strengthen internal communications significantly including fostering feedback processes.
Location: Caldonazzo, Northern Italy
- Promote a Caldonazzo Community spirit along our vision
- Promote deep insight into Caldonazzo Programs inside the camp
- Promote potential activities outside the Camp
- Promote participation, feedback and innovation
- Responsibility for enhancing communication inside the camp and its clientel, inviting intercultural encounters, promoting children's rights and support the implementation of the communication in the field of participation / children’s rights
- Communication with all groups at the lake and at the camp in the Monterovere. Collecting and considering feedback in the sense of a continuous improvement process.
- Support in the implementation of differentiated program for the summer camp’s target groups: children, young people
- Participation in ongoing teambuilding/support of team leaders esp. in the areas of internal communication, intercultural encounters (Sports, Creative, Outdoor). At the same time acknowledging that Ms Eberle acts as formal employer and director of the employees.
- Together with his co-workers of the communication team, provide information for the guests about cultural, sports, outdoor activities, amusement parks and other important offers of the region. The communication team will be responsible for supporting the guests in all steps, including all the bookings of the activities inside and outside the camp, in cooperation with the administrative office when special documents are required.
- Provide detailed information to the groups and guests about the program, the highlights, the events in the camp, inviting them to take part.
- Preparation of communication tools (“touristic” folders, flyers, posters); put at disposal of the guests brochures, leaflets, plans and city maps in order to inform the guests about the events and sights outside the camp, in Caldonazzo and surroundings.
- Responsible for preparing a weekly presentation, which will run constantly on the screens located in 4 locations: via Monterovere guest office, Info-point, organizational leader office and canteen. This presentation must include a weekly overview with the most important highlights and for every day of the week a detailed program, as well as a short résumé of the past weeks with some pictures.
- As leader of the Caldo-Weekly employees, he/she will be responsible for the contents of the Caldo-Weekly journal and for the proofreading, will guide them in searching for new ways to connect with children, e.g. creating a wall newspaper. He/she will take care that the pictures on the Caldo-Weekly are only of children for whom we have an authorization for the publication.
- Takes part in the weekly team leader meeting with the organizational leader and the team leaders of the free-time teams
- Takes part in the weekly directive team meeting with the director, the logistic coordinator and the organizational leader.
- Takes part in the weekly village leaders meeting introducing the general program and the highlights.
The communication team will be composed of:
- 3 assistant/ translators, full time
- a journalist of the Caldo-Weekly, full time
- a journalist of the Caldo-Weekly, part-time
- a teacher of Italian language courses, part-time
What we offer
- You will work in a large international aid organization together with a young experienced international team in a very nice area in northern Italy.
- Depending on your nationality, you will be formally employed by SOS Italia, Austria, or Germany.
- Free board and lodging are provided.
- Employment Time Frame: ideally from 15 June until 31 August, 2020.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English to email@example.com with subject "Com Leader".
Applicants must hold a valid Italian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU.