SOS Children’s Villages International is an independent non-governmental social development organisation currently operational in 135 countries and territories, including 14 countries in the Asia Region. At SOS we are committed to the welfare of children - often throughout the whole of their childhood - and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect.
With the SOS Children’s Village concept, our organisation pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of children who are at risk or deprived of parental care. We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities regardless of their ethnic roots, nationality and religion by giving them a family, a permanent home and a sound basis for an independent life through National SOS Children’s Village Associations. We have a strong Child Protection Policy and everyone in our organisation or associated is responsible to adhere to SOS Children Village International's Child Protection Policy.
Drive fundraising growth in the Asia region through building regional and national fundraising (Individuals, Corporates, Face-to-Face) and communications capacity across the region by providing strategic drive (incl. prioritisation) and guidance, targeted technical support and clear operating frameworks. In particular, drive net income growth development and increase in number of committed givers in the region through strategic fundraising investments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide senior-level consultancy to “key fundraising markets” of the Region in the field of Fundraising and Communications
- Support the development and implementation of fundraising & communications strategies in Member Associations (MAs) and ensure support in the development and monitoring of fundraising investment applications
- Develop new fundraising programmes in high potential Asian markets
- Monitor implementation of global policies and quality standards in MAs and their correct application across the region
- Monitor fundraising and communications activities based on agreed international Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support & build capacity in MAs in the area of analysis
- Develop regional partnerships (eg. corporate partnerships); ensure roll out of international partnerships is supported; support & build capacity in MAs in the area of Leadership Giving (Companies and High Net-Worth Individuals)
- Provide support to MAs in the area of Individual Giving (incl. quality assurance in international servicing, eg. sponsorships)
- Build and maintain coherent messaging and branding, aligned position statements and support & build capacity in MAs in the area of external communication (including Crisis Communicationc)
- Enable delivery of fundraising systems in MAs (including harmonization of the regional fundraising system landscape and support & build capacity at national and regional levels
- Drive fundraising innovation and enable regional and cross-regional knowledge sharing
- Facilitate and build digital fundraising by providing necessary tools and advice
- Initiate and promote use of new products / channels- in line with global product portfolio to enable growth
- Develop regional fund development support plans aligned with the organisation’s global strategic plan and regional priorities
- Support recruitment and orientation of senior fundraising and communications staff in MAs
- Facilitate Fund Development & Communications training and information sharing with the board as per request from the MAs
Functional Network and global strategic development
- Contribute to and support the global network of Fund Development and Communications experts through providing latest information and knowledge and actively work together
- Keep abreast of competition and fundraising trends in the region; represent SOS Children’s Villages in peer exchange fora
- In the global network, bring in the regional view, fostering at the same time what is best for the entire organisation
- Promote, guide and support a regional network of fundraisers and communications experts
- Liaise closely with other functions at the regional level in order to seek synergies wherever possible
- As Function’s representative in the Regional Management Team, bring in the functional expert view, striving at the same time for a customer / service focussed cross-functional cooperation
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes/projects in order to enable SOS Children’s Villages to maximise its long-term net income and the number and quality of private donors
- Supervise the areas of Leadership Giving (Corporate, High-Net-Worth Individuals), Individual Giving (including International Donor Services), Digital Fundraising , Knowledge Management, Strategy & Analysis and External Communications
People Management responsibility
- Supervise the functional team of co-workers in the Region, managing the performance and ensuring the development of direct reports
- Actively steer cross-regional partnership building and support cross-regional fundraising actions
- Minimum desired qualification is a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a graduate with Diploma in Business Administration/Marketing/Communications. Master’s degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Out of total work experience, should have minimum experience of 8-9 years or more in fundraising for the non-profit organisations
- Good knowledge of fundraising and income development strategies in Asia. Should have flair for writing donor communication material and funding proposals in a comprehensive language
- Exposure to the use of Direct Mail, Tele-marketing, face to face sales, Internet marketing etc.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English
- High interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Good computer skills
- Willing to travel extensively internationally
What we offer
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will match industry standards.
Interested applicants should send their application via e-mail to Asia.Recruitment@sos-kd.org latest by 24 May 2019. It is must for all the applicants to mention the designation in the subject line of e-mail while sending their application.