Location: International Office Region Middle East & North Africa, Beirut, Lebanon
The International Regional Office for Middle East and North Africa (MENA) directly supports Member Associations (MAs) in 9 of these countries and is currently seeking an Emergency Response Programme (ERP) Regional Coordinator.
The Emergency Response Program (ERP) Regional Coordinator supports the Emergency Department in the Region in close cooperation with the two Regional Emergency Response Program Advisors (covering respectively Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Iraq) in order to assist the Member (National) Associations to be prepared for and to respond to crises and natural disasters. He / she will assist the two mentioned central focal points and support the program development and overseeing all emergency related issues in the region. The position involves program management, communication, coordination, administrative and financial / logistical support, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and operational follow up of emergency programs. This includes providing expert advice to key stakeholders in Member Associations and for the SOS Children’s Villages federation across the region and close collaboration within the regional office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supports the IOR MENA Emergency Response team with the implementation of the Emergency Response strategy for the region
- Monitors together with Member Associations and the ER team in the international and regional office any potential humanitarian crises in the region and feeds it into the regional and global alert system
- Initiates, together with the Global and Regional Emergency Team the first stages of an Emergency Response through coordination and consolidation with vested parties at national / regional level
- Monitors the IOR MENA and country-specific emergency budgets
- Conducts and supports training (in and out-house) and capacity building at national levels
- Develops partnership and networking with other humanitarian actors (UN agencies, INGOs and others) and networks and lays the ground for local partnerships
- Feeds info and collates lessons learnt and best practices in coordination, program management, emergency preparedness, operations and security in order to set and overview SOP (standard operational procedures) for each emergency setting
- Provides analysis and support in medium-high-level or complex / cross-country emergency operations, where member associations (MA) capacity is limited and General Secretariat (GSC) support is needed (case-based)
- Supports the Regional Emergency Advisors in change management based on the development of the situation on the ground, the humanitarian needs and the security situation.
- Provides quality communication contents for fundraising and donor purposes
- Acts as a member of the Regional Management Team in providing inputs and advice and in following up policy and operational / managerial decisions
- Master’s degree in social sciences, business administration, economics, international relations, development, or any related field
- Professional experience in implementing and coordinating relief and development programs, policy and advocacy work in national and international settings
- Ability to build, maintain and expand strong relationships / networks and to work and cooperate effectively and in a spirit of partnership with hierarchy, peers, internal and external partners, stakeholders, and others who are not in direct line management
- Matrix management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills
- Fluent / very good verbal and written English
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Diverse, creative and challenging tasks in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 31st January 2018
at the latest to HR.Mena@sos-kd.org
, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/