Programme Advisor Alternative Child Care, Prevention, Child Safeguarding CEE/CIS/Middle East (EUCM) (f/m)
Location: Amman, Jordan
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support the International Office Region CEE/CIS/Middle East with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed Programme Advisor Alternative Child Care, Prevention, Child Safeguarding.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support programme development and monitor quality in SOS Children’s Villages Member Associations in 5 Middle East countries (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria) in the area of alternative child care, prevention of separation, and child safeguarding
- Provide expertise to and build capacity of Member Associations in: implementing different forms of alternative child and youth care programmes; community based family support programmes; child protection and safeguarding
- Lead a high profile regional project to strengthen child safeguarding in SOS CV programmes in the middle East
- Monitor and support the implementation of organisational and international quality standards, policies, and guidelines in SOS Children’s Villages Member Associations through evaluations and audits
- Contribute to the development of organisational policies and guidelines
- Higher university degree education in social sciences, social pedagogy, social work or psychology
- At least 5 years work experience in the field of alternative child care, prevention of separation, child protection, including direct work in programmes
- Strong experience in programme planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of child welfare reform and deinstitutionalisation processes
- Good understanding of Middle East context
- Experience in organising and holding workshops, meetings and trainings
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Readiness to travel at least 30% of working time
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest International Non-Profit Organisations on Child Care, in a position with a varied scope of tasks and responsibilities directly impacting on the development of the organisation in achieving its strategic goals
- To contribute to our meaningful mission: “We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.”
- Opportunities for learning and development
- A committed team and management culture
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application 11th April 2021 to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Programme Advisor / AC, prevention & CS” to avoid misplace your application.
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.