READVERTISEMENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
(Job Ref: SOS/26/1)
Position title: Regional Digital Fundraising Advisor ESAF
Working location: Addis Ababa /Nairobi
Direct Supervisor: Director Fund Development and Communication ESAF
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
Within the Eastern and Southern Africa region, SOS CV International is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and has member associations in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia/Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius, Angola and Madagascar.
Mission of the position
The role involves supporting countries in the Eastern and Southern Africa region in developing digital fundraising to grow income and build competency of digital fundraising. In addition, it involves launching regional digital hub for the ESAF region.
Purpose of the position
The position will be based in either Nairobi or Addis Ababa, but you will have extensive travel in the region and beyond as you work with a global team to build capacity for digital fundraising. A supportive Fund Development network and digital fundraising team in the region, the International Office and a Software Developer in the International Office will be at your disposal for technical support and experience sharing. In additional both regional and country based colleagues will provide required content, context and other input to enable you excel in your role. The position will report to the Director Fund Development - ESAF
We are the largest global federation of childcare organization operating in 135 countries and territories worldwide that offers you the opportunity to become a global citizen. While all other competitive benefit packages remain constant, we also offer you one of the challenging tasks that would help you maximize your potential and make a real difference in the lives of Children and young people across Africa.
This is an excellent opportunity for professionals wishing to design, lead and impact digital fundraising campaigns in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAF) region, aimed at the well-being of vulnerable children, with a respected, international non-profit Organization.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation of the regional Digital Fundraising strategy, with focus on reach, acquisition and engagement, in key markets and with key fundraising member associations in the ESAF region;
- Plan, execute and evaluate digital fundraising campaigns; using appropriate channels from the digital marketing mix, including email, social media, website, search engine optimization, combination with telemarketing among others.;
- Drive, initiate and coordinate regional fundraising campaigns in alignment with member associations in region ESAF.
- Manage, develop and support the digital marketing plat form shared service, supporting digital income generation, donor servicing and communication.
- Working together with Member Associations to develop and produce digital fundraising products and projects;
- Build capacity in digital fundraising, including the usage of digital tools by member associations in the ESAF region;
- Collaborate with the global digital team and manage the “Digify” shared service platforms.
- Manage change requests and error management of Digify applications following procedures and standards agreed upon with ICT and external partners
- Collaborate with individual giving teams in the international office and other regions to optimize donor experience and retention through digital and other channels
- Support the digital fundraising technical setup, implementation and training of tools and knowledge exchange at member associations, in region ESAF;
- Project management skills to translate member associations marketing/ fundraising ideas to reality with support of software developer;
- Drive innovation and explore new possibilities in digital fundraising with member associations in the ESAF region;
- Recognize synergies with other areas of fundraising (e.g.corporate partnerships) and its implementation;
- Monitor external fundraising trends and innovations; engage strongly in International leadership forum peer networks and expert working groups.
- Conduct competitor analysis share results and analysis with NAs and GSC functions
A Graduate with Bachelors in Business Administration, Marketing, E-Commerce or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity with social media (e.g. Facebook Ads Manager) and ICT tools;
- Up to date with developments in digital technology, digital marketing and fundraising techniques and trends;
- Excellent understanding of Content Management Systems, CRM systems, email marketing systems and social media tools;
- Reasonable flair for writing content relating to digital fundraising;
- Excellent analytical, as well as communication skills;
- Good knowledge of innovation in digital fundraising;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- High interpersonal skills;
- Team orientation;
- Willing to travel internationally.
- At least six years of work experience, of which four should be in the design and execution of successful digital marketing campaigns. Experience in Content Management Systems as well as IT project management skills. Additional experience with digital marketing strategy and implementation including social media, email marketing, search engine advertising and display advertising.
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest International Non-Profit Organisations on Child Care, in a position with a varied scope of tasks and responsibilities directly impacting on the development of the organisation in achieving its strategic goals
- To contribute to our meaningful mission: “We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities."
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 9 March 2021.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org