SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Mission of Finance & Controlling is to enable transparency, accountability as well as the efficient and proper use of funds in the Federation. We provide services to Member Associations especially policies, tools, consulting, training and monitoring and coordinate the allocation of programmes to funding partners and coordinate and execute the flow of funds between these funding partners. Additionally, we manage financial risks of the Federation on an on-going basis, focusing on accountability in the use of resources and sustainability in the federation-wide funding model. Furthermore, we provide information relevant to management and legal bodies for controlling and decision-making and see our role as an integral part of the Federation and act as financial business advisors while ensuring fiduciary compliance.
In this setting the incumbent acts as a Business Analyst in various projects and supports/drives continuous improvements of the existing systems to increase efficiency of users working with the systems. This includes to ensure that implemented systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV and several in-house solutions) are up and running and working properly, to solve issues in systems with appropriate urgency, and to provide (2nd level) user support and trainings.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Take a significant role of a characteristic Business Analyst, in the intended implementation of an ERP system or contribute to the upgrade of the in-house system LUCY to current technical standards
- Contribute / act as a leading Business Analyst in relevant IT projects in the area of Finance & Controlling
- Manage projects and take the lead on related relevant aspects including but not limited to business analysis, planning and monitoring, requirement elicitation and analysis, solution assessment and validation, requirement management and communication, and testing
- In cooperation with the internal ICT team and external consultants, support/drive continuous improvements and reliable functioning of existing finance and controlling systems.
- Ensure effective user support (2nd level support) for finance and controlling systems
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, IT, or Administration/Finance with focus on IT
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a Business Analyst in the subject area of Finance and Controlling or IT
- Deep understanding of ERP systems with focus on the finance domain
- Very good analytical skills to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Experience in translating business requirements into domain IT solutions
- Excellent command of English; good command of German a strong asset; knowledge of other languages (Spanish/ French) would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently on defined areas
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 01 July 2018 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.