Dakar Cluster Member Support Advisor – Dakar based
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the Children’s Villages International (CVI) Representative in the annual planning process of the Member Associations (MAs) e.g. preparing dialogue sheets, ensuring that plans and reviews are received on time and are technically correct
- Ensure the link between planning and budgeting
- Support the linking of needs and funds by providing the necessary content information
- Support the management of Promoting and Supporting Association (PSA) portfolios by providing the necessary content information
- Work closely with Strategy Advisor
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Have an overview on external financial audits of MAs
- Manage and maintain an overview on MA statistics
- Monitor MA data and general key performance indicators across all functions except finance
Information & Coordination
- Provide administration and general service to the CVI Representative in all aspects of the CVI Representative role related to MAs and the interaction of the CVI Representative with the region
- Provide information and general coordination of services and contact requested by PSAs, Regional functions and other MAs (Info Hub)
- Collect, check and forward standard reports to PSAs (e.g. Annual Report) including technical handling of database entry
- Process miscellaneous requests from PSAs and other MAs (e.g. distribute donations in kind) and prepare non-standard special reports
- Project management support in public funding and construction projects to MAs and PSAs (e.g. funds flow, reporting, audits, as per guideline)
Finance Systems Support
- Implement and give first level user support for MAs for the SOS controlling system LUCY (Construction, Monitoring & Reporting)
- Master’s degree or equivalent in management, economics, planning, project management or statistics
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in planning or project analysis
- Good knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Good analytical skills
- Highly organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent command of French and English
- Availability and ability to work under pressure
- Entrepreneurship, honesty, integrity and sincerity
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet).
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This Vacancy Notice remains open until filled.
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/. The position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.