Director of Finance & Controlling (f/m)
International Office Region West & Central Africa
Location: Dakar, Senegal
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Director of Finance & Controlling (FC) drives GSC support and development in the areas of FC in West and Central Africa in order to support the achievement of organizational goals. He/she works closely with Member Associations (MAs) to manage financial risks in the Region on an on-going basis, focusing on accountability in the use of resources and sustainability as per the federation-wide funding model. He/she leads the FC network in the region and works towards roll-out and execution of global policies, processes and projects and their translation into regional requirements where necessary. He/she enables transparency, accountability as well as the efficient and proper use of funds in the Region.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead, develop and support the Regional FC team as line manager (direct reports) as well as the Regional FC Network supporting cross-national knowledge sharing, steering regional and MA developments and ensuring capacity building;
- Lead regional financial planning and budgeting and contribute to regional support planning strategy;
- Consolidate the MAs budgets and endorse for approval by International Director WCAF;
- Act as objective leader for global and regional assigned objectives/actions;
- Give management steering support on regional level;
- Participate and be proactive in the Regional Management Team meetings and works;
- Participate in the development and update of financial policies and quality standards and implement these policies;
- Monitor regional financial crisis management and reduce risks for the federation;
- Where required act as objective leader for allocate and coordinate the regional funds and endorse to the International Director WCAF for approval
- Monitor Promoting & Supporting Association (PSA) portfolio management in the region
- Coordinate, monitor and consolidate the regional budgeting process
- Coordinate and monitor regional accounting process
- Coordinate and monitor compliance to SOS CVI internal processes;
- Monitor funds transfer process in the region
- Monitor implementation and user support for the SOS controlling system LUCY, the accounting and HR software Dynamics NAV and the Budget Entry Tool on regional level.
- Minimum of 5 years of Finance Management experience in a leadership position in an international NGO setting and degree level education (minimum master degree) in a relevant subject;
- Ability to build strong relationships/networks and to work and cooperate effectively and in a spirit of partnership with line of command, peers, partners, stakeholders, and others who are not in the line of command;
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools;
- Proven implementation skills and a can-do approach;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Experience in change management processes;
- Fluent/Very good verbal and written English and French.
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
- In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application CV + Cover letter by 23 September 2018 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/
The position title (Finance and Controlling Director) must be mentioned in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.