SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Fundraising Systems and Data Monitoring is part of a team supporting the delivering of attractive international sponsorship services, while building trust and strong relationships with donors and equally safeguarding children’s rights and data protection.
As facilitators of product innovation and modernisation, focusing on economies of scale, the Fundraising Systems and Data Monitoring Team is successful in implementing efficient, federation-wide product features and services in order to stay relevant and competitive in our markets thereby boosting PSA fundraising growth and donor retention. This is achieved by hosting and driving an on-going innovation cycle together with member associations, and by delivering and supporting global state-of-the-art systems solutions to ensure that content streams are excellently managed, of high quality and add-value
In this context the position will provide 2nd level user support to Member Associations including technical support for the interfaces with focus on a newly introduced digital eco-system (IG-DAM); specifically the incumbent will provide advice in installing and using the tool and give technical support for implementation and full use of the application programming interfaces to respective fundraising systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The incumbent will provide user support at different levels and aspects to various stakeholders as follows:
- System users in the Promoting and Supporting Associations (PSAs) to ensure smooth running of the uploading of digital content, including technical issues, managing the tool and user errors
- Provide 2nd level user support for approximately 110 National Associations to ensure smooth running of the mass uploading of digital content and subsequently required adaptations within Aprimo, including technical issues, managing the tool, user errors and job schedules and runtimes.
- PSAs to successfully implement the API and use for digital mass servicing of sponsors and donors.
- System users in the Quality Management Team to enable swift approval and spot check procedures including technical issues, managing the tool and user errors to ensure that digital content is approved correctly
- Create new digital campaigns, codes and types of content to allow for growth and diversification of digital content to be made available to donors/sponsors
- Perform error management with external providers making use of the Jira tool and procedures and follow up and ensure that the external provider tackles and resolves issues.
- First level University degree in Computer Science or Technical Diploma/Certificate in Informatics
- One year of relevant experience in data management including some experience working with database applications
- Experience with CRM and user support, ideally with different IT literacy levels to be able to transform complex information into easy to understand application, would be an asset
- Good technical understanding to identify and resolve issues with the ability to discern between issues, features and user errors combined with the capacity to analyse error messages from system and users and to identify problems and to solve the actively
- Willingness to continuous learning on the job and to work independently with little guidance
- Excellent communication skills being fluent in spoken and written English, ideally with some German at working language level; additional languages an asset
- Some experience and capacity in conducting trainings (online and in-person) for users on system applications
- Accuracy and ability to work self- organized in a structured way and perform structured tests of user interfaces, workflow routines and web-services
- Interest and experience in working in international working environments of multicultural teams and with virtual collaboration settings
- Varied scope of tasks in a multicultural working environment and the possibility to support our meaningful mission
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 24 May 2018 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.