SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Fundraising Systems and Data Monitoring is part of a team supporting the delivering of attractive international sponsorship services, while building trust and strong relationships with donors and equally safeguarding children’s rights and data protection.
As facilitators of product innovation and modernisation, focusing on economies of scale, the Fundraising Systems and Data Monitoring Team is successful in implementing efficient, federation-wide product features and services in order to stay relevant and competitive in our markets thereby boosting Promoting and Supporting Associations’ fundraising growth and donor retention. This is achieved by hosting and driving an on-going innovation cycle together with member associations, and by delivering and supporting global state-of-the-art systems solutions to ensure that content streams are excellently managed, of high quality and added-value.
In this context, we are looking for an open and participative personality with a good IT background who will strengthen the department’s ability to deliver on its mission. This position serves as an IT-support for international sponsorships and deals with users worldwide.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will provide user support at different levels and aspects to various stakeholders as follows:
- Ensure 2nd level support for users with diverse levels of IT literacy
- Ensure technical support for interfaces with other databases
- Perform error handling and issue management with external provider
- Co-operate with existing regional 1st level support
- Keep user documentation alive and prepare and support user trainings
- Within a small team co-operate in designing and optimising business processes
- Support development of common standards, processes, systems and interfaces
- Relevant first level University degree or Technical Diploma/Certificate in the field of Informatics
- Minimum of two to three years of experience in user support and customer service experience with users with different IT literacy levels
- Good command of issue tracking tools, preferably JIRA, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Word
- Experience in the field of MS CRM is an asset
- Full command of written and verbal English (working language), German or Spanish is an asset
- Excellent communication skills to support internal and external partners in an intercultural environment
- Solution-oriented and structured way of working
- Varied scope of tasks in a multicultural working environment and the possibility to support our meaningful mission
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 21 October 2018 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.