SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Mission of the position
The International Competence Center for Fund Development provides support and strategic leadership to our Member Associations and offices driving forward increased resources for our programmes. We support the positioning of SOS Children's Villages to our donors, supporters, partners, co-workers and other stakeholders in a way that creates impact and contributes towards building positive, long-lasting relationships. We actively promote competence development, knowledge sharing and facilitate synergies across the organisation.
In this setting, the Head of Individual Giving leads the delivery of our world class international sponsorship services, including developing next generation digital products and donor engagement, building trust and strong relations with donors, safeguarding children's rights and data protection; setting standards and connecting and enabling Member Associations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the shared service sponsorship department connecting over 400,000 donors to our sponsored villages and children.
- Drive the development and optimisation of our next generation international sponsorship and committed giving products
- Lead the development of standards, processes, systems and interfaces as well as ensuring implementation, ongoing training and quality monitoring
- Support the development of donor journeys, campaigns and messaging to optimize retention and recruitment efforts.
- Provide an excellent service to our Member Associations and ensure an effective and efficient exchange of information between partners
- Advanced university degree (or comparable qualification) in business administration, marketing/fundraising or the service industry, or a first level degree with considerable experience
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in fundraising, marketing or product management in an international setting; relevant experience gained within a child focused and/or program based organisation would be an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in management of large teams
- In-depth understanding of fundraising and service needs for regular givers as well as financial management and budgeting
- Experience in leading digital and agile projects as well as a good understanding of databases (e.g. CRM systems) and IT process and change management
- Strategic and innovative thinker with strong communication, change management, presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent cross cultural skills to support the leadership at international and regional level and to foster institutional capacity building and sustainability
- Outstanding interpersonal and advocacy skills with the ability to involve and engage stakeholders at all levels within the Federation to adapt to the changing needs
- Excellent written and oral English skills. Good command of German a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of additional languages an advantage (French/Spanish)
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest international child care organisations and be part of our meaningful mission: “We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.”
- A senior position with a varied and independent scope of tasks and the responsibility to support the further development of the organisation to achieve its strategic goals
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 10 June 2018 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.