SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people and families each year.
Under the direct supervision of the International Director of Human Resources & Organisation Development (HROD) the incumbent is responsible for the design and delivery of organisational development strategies. This role provides expertise and drives the optimisation of organisational processes and structures, and supports leaders through complex organizational and digital transformations including change initiatives as required.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Proactively identify organisation development needs and steer design initiatives at various organisational levels including a standard of hierarchy and personnel infrastructure and related position description and title architecture
- Design state of the art organisation structures and processes and as needed, provide a frame for managing organisational change including but not limited to re-organisation
- Advise and closely work with senior management to analyse and review organisational standards with a view to optimize and align with federation strategic goals
- Oversee regular reviews of the federation’s governance framework, related procedures and national statutes; develop and recommend improvements as necessary, and work closely with member associations of SOS Children’s Villages to ensure the global federation standard
- Master Degree in Social and/or Economic Sciences, preferably with focus on Human Resources or Organisation Development or other relevant area, or a Bachelor Degree with additional experience in the subject area
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in human resources at international level with focus on organisational development within one or more of the following focus areas: process optimisation, organisation structure management, classification/grading, rules of procedures, change management
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles, management and best practices as well as procedures and operations, preferably gained within an international non-profit environment
- Experience in managing complex projects including change management, and providing related expert advice at senior management level
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; German, French or Spanish is an advantage
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest International Non-Profit Organisations on Child Care, in a position with a varied scope of tasks and responsibilities directly impacting on the
- To contribute to our meaningful mission: “We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.”
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 21 October 2018 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.