SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The HR Business Partner Team is part of the Human Resources and Organisational Development (HROD) Function who enables the organisation to reach its strategic goals and is a professional partner in all HR related aspects such as Learning & Development/Capacity Building, Talent Management and Succession Planning, Performance Management, Strengthening governance and accountability and Recruitment.
In this context, the HR Business Partner takes primary responsibility for all HR operational issues in the Vienna office with a focus on providing HR expert advice on a wide range of HR Services and partners with managers to bring HR aspects closer to our business needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the HR Business Partner - Team Lead the incumbent will:
- Provide expert HR advice on a wide range of HR services and related challenges to all co-workers and managers in the international office Vienna and partner as required with regional HR teams in relevant subject areas
- Take primary responsibility for all operational HR topics and issues in the Vienna Office and closely liaise with HR specialists as needed, including but not limited to the following: workforce planning, employee engagement, recruitment, performance management and general HR advice on contract and benefit entitlements
- Proactively participate in and contribute to national and international HR & OD projects
- Master Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences preferably with focus in Human Resources or Law or other relevant area, or a Bachelor Degree with additional experience in the subject area
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively gained experience in human resources including as an HR Business Partner in an international setting; preferably including some experience from an international organisation or NGO environment
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles, management and best practices as well as procedures and operational workforce planning
- Experience in managing complex projects including change management, and providing related expert advice to management level would be of added value
- Broad experience with operational and strategic HR-Management and used to work with state-of-the-art HR tools and systems
- Hands-on mentality and structured way of working
- Knowledge of Austrian Labour Law would be an advantage
- Charismatic personality with good communication skills and result oriented approach
- Able to work independently, take responsibility and risks and show engagement
- Strong customer service mind-set combined with excellent interpersonal skills and intercultural understanding
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; German, French or Spanish is an advantage
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading international NGO’s multicultural working environment
- Opportunities for further training and development
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 03 March 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org