SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Newsroom, within Communications and Brand (C&B), is the content creation hub of SOS Children’s Villages International. It is responsible for creating and distributing content that represents the geographical and programmatic range of the global work of SOS Children’s Villages. With high-quality articles, videos, photos and graphics, it aims to inform, inspire and motivate audiences and encourage engagement and support of our work. Working within the Newsroom, the Multimedia Production Coordinator will assist C&B to meet the growing demand for multimedia content for external purpose.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Pre-production support both in story identification/research and logistical/advance planning for field production work
- Post-production support, serving as an additional resource to editors and multimedia producers
- Production and promotion of multimedia content for the digital channels of the International Office (IO) and for distribution throughout the Federation during and after content-gathering trips
- Sourcing of suitable social media content from the Digital Asset Management system) and adaption for the IO’s channels when appropriate
- University degree in broadcast journalism, multimedia technology or a related field
- At least three years of proven multimedia production and editing experience, primarily for web and social media products
- Proven track record of assistance during field filming missions
- Excellent languages skills in English both orally and in written form; other languages are an asset
- Very good organisational and planning skills, especially in a field production setting
- Sound writing and editing skills combined with the ability to convey and adapt complex information to the needs of intended audiences
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to deliver projects and manage tight deadlines and competing demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively with vulnerable populations and collaboratively in a multicultural environment, involving people from different countries and professional backgrounds
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- Opportunity to participate in driving the communications and brand strategy of one of the largest International NGOs in child and youth care and support our meaningful mission in providing “A loving home for every child”
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 28 February 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.