Programme Development Advisors International Office Region West & Central Africa (WCAF)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Director of Programmes IOR WCAF, the Programme Advisor supports programme development within the WCAF region with a focus on 4 to 6 countries. As the main counterpart of national programmes staff, the Programme Advisor WCAF builds capacity of and provides technical expertise to national programme teams. She/he monitors the implementation of organisational and international quality standards, policies, and policy support documents in SOS Children’s Village programmes and on national level. She/he contributes to the development of standards and policies in her/his area of expertise and as required on regional level.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, social work, child protection, education, community/programme development, gender, child and youth development or related field
- Technical expertise in alternative care, community empowerment/development, child protection, gender and/or results-based management is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years managing resources and providing support to field offices.
- Project management experience.
- Experience coordinating processes with large groups of stakeholders.
- Team player,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
- Be able to successfully and productively resolve problems
- Be able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks
- Be able to adequately function in a high expectancy and demand position, including significant travel
- Be able to continuously meet targets and surpass expectations
- Commitment to the values of SOS Children's Villages International
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
- In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application CV + Cover letter to email@example.com. The position remains opened until filled.
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/
The position title (PD Advisor) must be mentioned in the subject line.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.