SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Web-based fundraising platforms, based on Kentico CMS, are a strategic part of our software development activities, where we support member associations globally to virtually address our donors.
As an experienced web-developer, the incumbent will support us to extend our existing UI-components library using state of the art technology.
Tasks and responsibilities
Design and develop user interface components for existing CMS-based web application:
- Integration of web service providers (Facebook, Google maps, and more)
- Enhance usability and responsiveness
- Full stack implementation (client/server)
- Relevant University Degree in Information Technology, or a Technical Diploma/Certification with considerable relevant experience
- 5 years of relevant software development experience including experience with UI and Responsive Design
- Additionally, experience with a CMS system and knowledge of standard libraries like jQuery or bootstrap are advantageous
- Basic knowledge of C# or Java
- Experience and/or enjoining working in an international context and multicultural environment
- Good command of English and German (oral and written)
- A project position limited until 31December 2018 (employment or freelance basis)
- Modern, international working environment
- Working for a meaningful cause in a dynamic team with possibilities for further education
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
- Potential freelance work with regular on-site office visits
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 21 May 2018 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.