Director of Human Resources & Organization Development
International Office Region, Middle East and North Africa (IOR MENA)
Location: Amman, Jordan
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Director of Human Resources & Organization Development (HROD) drives General Secretary support and development in the areas of HR and OD in the region of MENA in order to support the achievement of organizational goals. S/he works closely with Member Associations (MAs) to build their capacity while also leading the small HROD team in the region working towards roll-out and execution of global policies, processes and projects ensuring their translation into regional requirements where necessary.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive HROD strategy in IOR MENA and support the relocation of the International Region Office from Casablanca to Amman
- Lead, develop the Regional HROD Advisor/Coordinator as line manager as well as the Regional HROD Network supporting cross-national knowledge sharing, steering regional and Member Associations (MAs) developments and ensuring capacity building
- Lead and monitor strategic HROD actions and initiatives in the Region aiming at achieving the set targets and supporting the MAs in achieving these.
- Support the International Director Region and Regional Management Team (RMT) in the development of good governance implementation in MAs as well as with expertise and consultancy in the areas of HR and OD
- Drive and implement change agenda and HR/OD policies and guidelines in the Region and MAs
- Ensure monitoring and further development of SOS compensation system in the Region
- Monitor HR quality standards
- Lead recruitment processes for management positions in the Region
- Ensure regular HR reporting and maintenance of data for regional needs
- Participate actively in the strategic planning of the General Secretariat and review on both global and regional level
- Act as objective leader for globally and regionally assigned HROD objectives
- University degree in Human Resources, Business or Organisation Development or other related area or first level degree with considerable additional experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in the area of HR/OD Management including several years in a management/leadership position in an international setting (ideally with experience in the MENA region)
- Specialised training and/or broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Experience in developing, managing and implementing change management processes
- Ability to build strong relationships/networks and to work and cooperate effectively and in a spirit of partnership with line of command, peers, partners and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on an executive management team that provides company leadership and direction
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and a can-do approach to work
- Very good verbal and written English and Arabic are a prerequisite for this role. Knowledge of French would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability and willingness to regularly travel Internationally (mainly in MENA region)
- High level management position with a varied scope of tasks and the opportunity to make a significant contribution towards the development of MAs in the Region
- Diverse, creative and challenging tasks in an international working environment
- A fair reward package that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application, including up-to date CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date September 28th 2018
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org